Here's the open post for the live-blogging by the Conspiracy. Brian is here with me at an undisclosed location, we're heavily armed, and Penelope is protecting the homeland with her Browning 9mm. Monterey John on the Left Coast will probably join a little later, as soon as he stops screaming at the TV.
Here's the MSM narrative pre-debate:
- This is McCain's last chance. He risks being too negative if he looks at Obama or answers any of Schieffer's questions - his mere audacity to appear on stage is a racist attack on all that is good and pure. Have we mentioned that this guy is old and either doesn't get it or flat out lies about everything?
- Obama is amazing - so calm, so collected, so intellectual. It's unfortunate that he has to be seen on stage with some old guy who clearly doesn't get it. Why can't Bush just step aside now and get Barry in the Oval to do some much needed changing and hoping.
- McCain didn't deliver and he didn't change anything. It's really a shame that this once proud statesmen had to resort to such ridiculous attacks and couldn't say anything substantive about the problems that face Americans everyday in this economic climate. While he talks a good game about reform, he'd just be another Bush administration. He just doesn't understand that people want real change.
- Obama is amazing - so calm, so collected, so intellectual... soo... "presidential." His detailed policy prescriptions really struck a chord with the American people, particularly those in the battleground states. Let's go to the map and show the votes how impossible it is for McCain to even come close on November 4th. It finally looks like the America people are going to be heard from this year and will get the change they so desperately need. Have we mentioned that McCain is old and has had cancer? He really looks tired and I think the campaign is taking it's toll on him.
- Begala - Obama rules (35+ / 2-); McCain sucks (2+ / 25-)
- Bennett - McCain's alright - Obama (12+ / 14-) ; McCain (18+ / 10-)
- Castellanos - Obama did what he needed to do (13+ / 10-) ; McCain better than last time (20+ / 8-)
- Gergen - Obama's won it (20+ / 4-) ; McCain (10+ / 10-)
- King - Obama's running away with it (15+ / 3-) ; McCain (14+ / 3-)
- Martin - Obama's the bees knees (14+ / 3-); McCain, not so much (5+ / 10-)
Just a guess...
Enjoy the debate!!!
ARC: St Wendeler