ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Monday, May 19, 2008

Curious

So, I'm curious... is THIS the sign that Obama has peaked (as predicted by ARC:Brian - in Dec, 2006)?





I realize that this is Oregon, the heart of tree-hugging, granola-loving, enviro-whacko leftist country. (Or is that hollywood? I get confused...)

But, is there a single state in which McCain (or even President Bush at this point) would see such crowds?

With Obama's rhetoric, his constant refrain that he is the embodiment of what the people want, and the adoring and unquestioning crowds he's receiving, I'm fearful of where this is heading.

And, it'd be one thing if the GOP was fielding someone who could successfully counter Obama's magic - but McCain is truly Bob Dole 2.0.

As Brian would say, though... don't you want the team to win? Then it's time to get with the program. Time to jump on the team and come on in for the big win! (Adapted from Full Metal Jacket - dialogue between Pvt Joker & Pogue Colonel.)


And for those of you who are curious about how you can profit from an Obama victory, here's my investment advice for 2009:

Go Long (Buy):

  • Cheap Scotch Distillers - I will fuel this boom myself
  • Any alternative energy which has zero chance of replacing Coal, Oil, or Nuke, but which costs a ton of money to produce and has secondary ramifications to our economy
  • Teacher's Unions
  • Law Firms
  • Leftist Professors
  • DailyKos.com

Go Short (Sell):
  • Oil companies
  • Nuclear energy
  • Coal
  • Pharmaceutical companies
  • Defense companies
  • Any concern which operates on the basis of making a profit and returning value to shareholders

Uggghhhhh

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: St Wendeler

Comments (6)
Brian said...

Keep throwing that in my face do you?

I was wrong.. I was wrong. He SHOULD have peaked. But.. I guess demagouges have a place in any time.

BTW, I wouldn't go long teachers unions. I get the impression that ol' Michelle isn't as enamored with them as the rest of the Dem establishment, and Barack will be needing a Sister Souljah moment after the convention.

Can I go double or nothing? Barack comes out for a "limited voucher" program.

St Wendeler said...

WRT to your incorrect prediction from 2006, I suppose I have to cut you some slack. You had assumed (and even mentioned) that he would've peaked after they learned more about him from the MSM; and the press still hasn't given him sufficient coverage about who he is...)

And with regard to the vouchers, I'll take you up on that.

But, I guess I have to get some clarification.

when you say he comes out for limited voucher program, are you saying that he'll actually follow through or that he'll just pay lip service?

While I think he may use it for rhetorical flair, he won't actually push for any legislation in Congress.

(Are we already internalizing an Obama presidency? AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!)

Brian said...

"come out for a limited voucher program means" that he will announce support for some sort of program that uses the word voucher or details a plan to provide some level of support for citizens to use government money to send their kids to a non-public school.

It might be stupid such that only black family's that make less than $10k a year that have a left-handed father and it matches any payments to the local public school. But it will be spun as
a major speech, demonstrating Barack's independence from the liberal left and how he's truly a transformational figure...

St Wendeler said...

h... not sure I'd take you up on that, given there's a > 0.5 probability that he'll try to out maverick The Maverick on some issue.

But, are you saying that while Obama's announcing this proposal, he's not laughing out loud or winking at the teachers' union reps in the hall?

Brian said...

Are you seriously asking me what Obama really stands for?

Seriously?

I don't think the devil himself knows that. Mr. "voted present" doesn't stand for anything. I think given his associations though, that has hasn't spent a lot of time with the teachers unions. And Michelle keeps complaining about the cost of private education...
and he need's a Sister Souljah moment...

Monterey John said...

Ah, and next there will be torch light parades in homage to The Leader.