ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What Did McCain say in California Today???!!!

I am rather certain Saint and Brian are thinking to themselves, "I told you so."

They would be well within their rights to do so, but I am equally certain they are too decent to actually say it, right guys? Right? Well, never mind.

Here are a few of points made by our "leader:"
1. Close Gitmo. I'll give him that one given his personal history. I think it is a bad, very bad, idea. But at least I can understand from where he is coming.
2. Ratify Kyoto-like treaty. What the hell??? Is he crazy? Even Bill Clinton did not go for that scam.
3. Be willing to be persuaded by our "democratic allies" in conducting our foreign policy. At the risk of being redundant, what the hell? Is he a Republican or John Kerry? I thought his hero was Teddy Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Not so much.

Those are just a few of the lowlights from his disastrous performance today.

I do believe I'll go take a nap. (Hey, I'm 60 now and folks expect it.)

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn

Comments (3)
Desert Rat said...

McCain has only two things in his favor--Obama and Hillary

St Wendeler said...

John - Now's not the time to go wobbly... I had my say a while back and outlined all of the reasons that McCain wasn't my Numero Uno. I compared him to Bob Dole in '96, the guy who wrote the Dems in 1993 about helping to get socialized health care through the Senate.

Heck, I just added a widget on the right sidebar for Blogs for McCain and NOW you're bringing up his Gitmo-closin', Global Warmin' lovin, let the Euro-weenies run our foreign policy positions?


As the Colonel told Joker in Full Metal Jacket:

Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Brian said...

I'll second the good desert rat....

But the Saint had to go and bring up my favorite line in FMJ, so I'm ready to get with the program and come on in for the big win.

ARC: Brian