ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Friday, March 07, 2008

Voters Experience Coyote Love with Obama

They all get pretty at closing time. But then comes the next morning. Well, er, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now that the fainting spells appear to be done with and the smoke has cleared from Super Tuesday Version 2.1, what are the folks thinking about Obama?

A good friend of mine, an Edwards Democrat, said to me months ago about Obama. "All wind, no sails." I pooh-poohed him. I was taken in by Obama's soaring oratory. I further said, much to my current embarrassment, "Obama does not set off my BS detector." Well, now that detector is screaming at me. (Much to my friend's credit, he has not rubbed my nose in this.)

The "hope" and "change" thing has now worn thin with many folks. The perfume and lovely wrapping no longer hides the void inside. There's no there there.

So, like the remorseful person the morning after, folks have awkened to look at who they are in bed with. "What was I thinking?" they scream silently to themselves as they consider gnawwing off their arm so that they can get away silently rather than wake that person up.

Cayote love has come to many of Obama's worhsipers.

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn

Comments (1)
ptg said...

I hope they will dump Obama and get back with their regular two-paper-bag date: Hillary Clinton.