ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And Then There Were Two

McCain did it. He won a closed primary. Any attempt to diminish that accomplishment would be churlish.

That brings me to Rush.

I do not know what is stuck in his craw about McCain. Rush has gone over the edge. He has been petty, bordering on childish, with the bad impressions. I am disappointed in him.

McCain has problems, no doubt about that, mostly personality problems. That is not unlike my now departed candidate, Rudy. McCain can be obnoxious and imperious. But, he is not the Anti-Christ.

My first issue is national defense. Given the world we live in, that seems reasonable to me. It is why I was with Rudy. It is also why I can live with McCain. He will not give up the fight against the jihadists.

It is also why I am reluctant to support Romney. The folks who are pros at killing bad guys, people like Schwartzkopf, are with McCain. For me, that is persuasive.

McCain is also right on budgetary matters. There is no greater deficit hawk. I believe him when he says earmarks are doomed in his administration.

I hope Rush calms down.

As I started writing this, I was undecided as to for whom I would vote. I was thinking I was leaning toward Romney. Now I am not so sure. (There you have it, stream of conciousness blogging:)

My absentee ballot for California is sitting on my desk.

And now there are two.

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn