ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Unemployed and On the Road

To regular readers, I apologize for the light non-existent posting over the past few weeks. As I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago, in the process of ending my job with a company that everone would recognize - a company that I've been with for the past 10 years. The past 4 weeks have been hectic, as I've tried to make sure that my departure would not have an impact on the company nor the customer that I was supporting. The effort was worth it, as I was able to achieve some of the goals I had established a year ago and left on excellent terms. However, I was so busy over the past few weeks that I didn't have time to say goodbye to the hundreds of people that I'd gotten to know over the 10 years - just had enough time to drop a line to my former managers to thank them for all of the opportunities.

Now, I'm on the road with my family, heading down to the Redneck Riviera to enjoy a full week of unemployment. The next career beings in a week or so and it'll be interesting to start anew with another company. One good thing about the new position is that my travel schedule that I've been on for the past several years will be significantly cut or eliminated completely. My family is certainly pleased about that.

Posting should be increased over the next week... from updates on the trip to my deep superficial insights in the political goings-on of the day.

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: St Wendeler

Comments (3)
Anonymous said...

Solitary Reaper Says:

Enjoy your word's worth of vacation. You don't need good luck on your new job, you will do well.

Waiting for your political picks after you are back "fully employed."

Your blog's

Solitary Reaper

Anonymous said...

Transition pain says:

I am looking fwd. to your postings. Not to saddle you with your blog reader's personal stuff either.

Whether we agree or not, Orwell's 1984 is right here. Call it the sign of times, blame rightly on the terrorists. If there is one more terrorist attack, the country that is already on the edge will lose its equanimity and WILL NOT be able to distinguish between a friend and a foe. Even now it cannot.

I once met a Polish clerk in Walgreens who asked me if I America or not. What a question I thought! But that guy was right. He said between Russia and the US, in case of Russia at least you know what you are dealing with. He thought in the case of America it was just beneath the surface perrhaps minus the polonium plus some secret prisons.

Immigrants will have to bear the brunt heavily if another attack happens. Regarding the pains of transition, I can fully understand. I wonder if I am in some kind of transition as well. I love my job, but it is besides the point. Need some free and fresh air to breathe. Value freedom and sanity more than money.

Reason and compassion seem to be in such a short supply in today's America that one may have to look elsewhere to breathe freely. Not to offend any of your "patriotic" emotions or to disrupt your transition.

Another guy in transition?

Monterey John said...

Enjoy your time off, Saint, and we'll see you when you get back.

Congrats!

John