ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Steve Gilliard, RIP


Steve Gilliard, editor of The News Blog (which made our Moonbat Lefty Blogroll) passed away this weekend. He was 41 and had apparently been battling an illness for some time.

Steve's way of thinking did not appeal to me - like many on the left, his writings were often filled with hate and fallacious reasoning. His "take no prisoner" style appealed to only the most rabid left-wingers. Some of his posts which were covered here at ARC are the following:

Clearly, Gilliard had issues understanding reality and knowing how best to persuade people to consider his positions. His in-your-face style of attack probably did not win many converts, but he was idolized by the other Moonbats in the blogosphere. Jane Hamsher has a post in which she fondly recalls their first meeting and portrays him as some genius (which he clearly was not).

I guess all I can say in the end is that I hope that Steve has found a Peace that he obviously never experienced here on Earth. Condolences to his family & friends.

*** UPDATE ***
Hugh Hewitt has posted on Steve's passing as well.
The eulogy of Steve that appeared in the Daily Kos referred to him as “hard-nosed, independent, (and) acerbic. Steve often pissed off the same readers he wowed with his take-no-prisoners style.” I read Gilliard every day, and I can attest to the accuracy of this summation. He wowed me, and he pissed me off, usually multiple times in the same post. As I made my daily virtual stroll through the lefty blogs, I always looked forward to hitting his site. He was profane, angry and offensive, but also intelligent and still somehow fun.

Steve was 41 years old. I’ll miss him. My condolences to his family and his thousands of friends.

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: St Wendeler

Comments (4)
Anonymous said...

As if you were fit to clean the dogshit from the soles of his shoes.

St Wendeler said...

alrighty then... thanks for the comment!

Yet another kind word from the Moonbats.

K. said...

Steve was an excellent writer and a true patriot. He will be missed by many readers all across the blogosphere.

pants said...

Gilliard also predicted that the invasion of Iraq would turn into a complete quagmire that would fail miserably.

Some people are never right!