ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Drive-By Media"

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh at work the other day, and he said something that caught my attention. He described what is going on with MSM as "drive by media." The more I thought about that, the more I came to agree with his assessment.

His thinking was sparked by an article by Dan Henninger in the WSJ. Henninger asked whether or not the Washington press corps had gone crazy with its coverage of the Bush administration. Nothing is out of bounds or too ridiculous these days. The press just continues to snipe at the president day after day after day. And they seem to think that is a just fine thng to do.

I have noticed that I have not had much to say of late and as a result I have not been doing much posting either here or at California Conservative where I am also contributing writer. I think I have a pretty good idea why: I've let the MSM get under my skin.

I have let the drive-by media, the information terrorists, shake my morale. That's what terrorists do. They grind people down with unrelenting, in this case, terrible and slanted news. The object is to get the other side to give up like the British in Ireland, the Americans in Vietnam. It is not that the objects of the terrorism are defeated, it is that they finally wear down and go away.

The media just keeps sniping away no matter what the administration does. They have even tried to make the nuclear technology deal Bush worked out with India look like something nefarious. They focus on the lunatics in the street in Pakistan rather than the president's gumption in going there. Any news about Bush in Afghanistan?

So, enough already.

Time to get back in the saddle.



Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn

Comments (3)
Anonymous said...

I believe that all parties will blame the media for their own faillings. Look at how the Liberals caught on to this tactic since 2000, and it worked!

Now, on the flip side, the Conservatives are howling at the media.

Listen, all, lets stop blaming the media, and go about making things right!

Since the Liberals have caught on to this tactic it makes us sound like babies when we do it.

Monterey John said...

Just calling it what it is. But the larger point is that we should not let it get to us and continue the fight.

Hilbert said...

Hello! I read this article! Big thanks to author, very interesting. Write more.