ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ah, For Crying Out Loud - The Ports Deal

Time for the morning venting: I'm sick of politics as usual.

I have little or no idea about the merits of the Dubai/Ports deal. I say that as the son of one of the men who had a significant hand in engineering several facilities in the Gulf. I watched for years as my dad traveled to the region to work on Kharg Isle and several plants in Saudi. I listened intently to the stories he would bring home from his travels. I even had a minor hand in some dealings there myself. I gained a passing familiarity with what was going on in the region. I know enough to know I don't know squat about this deal.

And that is about the level of expertise the President's critics have demonstrated during the last week, only I am pretty sure I am better informed than most of them.

The noise is all for political effect, and for that they should be ashamed, very ashamed.

Nothing is beyond schoolyard politics, not even international relations that are critical to our securtiy, and I am sick of it.

Just shut the *&%@ up unless you have something significant to contribute to the discussion, and for God's sake, stop flaunting your ignorance and venality.

Thank you.


Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn

PS - Happy Birthday ARC!