ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Saturday, November 12, 2005

This Week...

Well, I see my partners have checked out for the Currant River if I remember my Mo geography. I recall having a terrific time at Big Springs years ago. A lovely lady, floating, tons of food... did I mention a lovely lady? Ah well, misspent youth, but definitely fond memories.

So, they left me holding the bag.

Actually, I don't have much time myself. I'm off to Pacific Grove with family to, among other things, see and photograph the Monarch butterfly winter sanctuary.

But I'll put up a couple random thoughts.

As for this week and the status of the conspiracy, it was a mixed bag. The elections were a fiasco and reflect the morale, or lack thereof, of the troops. The polls for W have been going south for a long while now and are resulting from a multitude of troublesome issues. The bombings in Jordan were horrendous (we had one person from here in Monterey killed who was attending the wedding). But then W gave that speech on Thursday, and it was a good BEGINNING. Perhaps the gloves are finally coming off. I certainly hope so.

The total lack of response has only encouraged the loons. They are like schoolyard bullies. At some point in time you have to stand your ground. Perhaps The White House has finally accepted this childhood truth.


Well, I need to get going. Need to drop by Ace and get a large can of RAID... just kidding.

W, strap 'em on and head for the OK corral.

OK Saint, back to you.


Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn