ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Duke Cunningham - I Guess Something Needs to Be Said

And here is what I have to say: "What the hell were you thinking Congressman?!"

I can speak with some authority on the subject of, "What the hell were you thinking?!" Many years ago I ran into difficulties of my own making. I can empathize with the Congressman on that level. At the same time, there are consequences for one's behavior, and now he is to face his.

Here is a genuine war hero, a man to whom everyone could look up. He represented one of the primo districts (San Diego) in the country. And what does he do with his position?

He drives around in a Rolls Royce when his income is about $150k. He has yachts. His life practically screams, "Arrest me."

So much for the stupidity.

How about the morality of being elected by the people and taking huge amounts of money from a defense contractor?

Totally incredible.

What I fear is that this is going to spread like a cancer. Joe Scarborough last night threw out a number of something like 60 Congressman who could be caught up in this and similar affairs. Scanlon pleading in the Abramoff scandal means he has flipped. One can only guess how far that net has been cast.

I am mortified by all this as I was by my own situation all those years ago.

Well, I have said my piece. I will leave it to the Lefties to expand on the theme. I just had to let it be said we out here on the Right are aghast at and bitterly disappointed by all this.

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: MontereyJohn

Comments (1)
St Wendeler said...

I have to agree that I'm disappointed in Duke... It's now time for him to face the consequences.

Fortunately for those of us on the right, we don't pull the Tammy Wynette routine.