ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Investment Advice to All Conspirators

Follow your gut instinct... when a company name/brand becomes a verb, buy, buy, buy.

Especially if the guys running the company see that brand as more than just the current product/service. As a shareholder and regular customer of Yahoo!, I rarely use their search anymore... I just hang on to their My Yahoo! portal and their Instant Messenger because I'm a sticky customer. But, Google's going to do an Open Source Instant Messaging app that will transform the concept.

When they did the IPO and it was announced that it would start at around $100, many scoffed... some said, "It's the dotcom crash coming back guys..." My initial thought was that this was the next FedEx (company as verb) and was cheap at $100, but other matters kept my interest and I never pulled the trigger.

Meanwhile, any stock that I own is flatlining... as Cramer would say, "PADDLES!!!"

uggggghh... Hey, good thing money's not that important...

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: St Wendeler