ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Update from the Front Lines: Return Date Confirmed

Well, my brother-in-law is set to return from Iraq/Afghanistan/Qatar (wherever he is!) on October 14th. We're anxiously anticipating his return...Every night when my 3 year old son goes to bed, we all pray for his safety and the safety of all of our soldiers serving this great country. I know that my son desperately misses his uncle and can't wait for him to be back.

Here's a recent dispatch from his trip to Afghanistan. (Click on each of the pics to see a larger version)

Not much to tell about my trip. I flew in to Kandahar airport and stayed there for a day training and briefing their medical staff. Then I took a Chinook to Kabul for the same thing. The Chinook is a twin rotar helo design for troop or heavy loads. Pretty cool ride because the back stayed open the entire flight. Had to ride C-130 the rest of the way to Bagram Air Base which is close to Kandahar. From there I rode out back to Qatar. Things were pretty hectic, so I slept mostly on the plane rides. I got some good pictures from the tower where one of the doctors says he spends most of his down time. The Mountains in Afghanistan were beautiful.
Previous posts about my brother-in-law are (in chronological order):
  1. Digital Camera for Iraq
  2. Happy Memorial Day (which turned into a shouting match with a Lefty in Illinois (see here and here)
  3. Example of a True Patriot to the Left
  4. Update from the Front Lines; and
  5. A Photo Update from the Front Lines

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: St Wendeler


Mountains of Afghanistan


Small Farms



Houses



Kandahar International Airport


An Afghani Market


Australians thinking of home