ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Keeping your powder dry

Lawrence O'Donnell isn't one to keep his powder dry for the right moment... instead he blurts out b.s. as it comes to him.



It seems that he's starting to back-off his previous comments regarding Mr. Rove:


Larry O’Donnell’s Story Changes
Posted by H-Bomb on Wednesday, 06 July 2005 (05:04:30) EDT
Contributed by H-Bomb

I can’t assert Larry O’Donnell is incorrect in saying Karl Rove “outed” Valerie Plame to reporter Matt Cooper. But I do know that Larry O’Donnell’s story has changed. A little.

Here’s what O’Donnell said on July 2nd:
Quote:
I revealed in yesterday's taping of the McLaughlin Group that Time magazine's emails will reveal that Karl Rove was Matt Cooper's source. I have known this for months but didn't want to say it at a time that would risk me getting dragged into the grand jury.


Here’s what O’Donnell said on July 5th:
Quote:
I have a call in to Bob Luskin, Karl Rove’s lawyer, but I’m not holding my breath for a call back. He knows I know too much, since I broke the story last week that his client is one of the secret sources Matt Cooper has been protecting for the last two years.


Rove has gone from “Matt Cooper’s source” to “one of the secret sources Matt Cooper has been protecting for the last two years.” If O’Donnell downgrades Rove any more, O’Donnell will officially be branded a liar in this affair.

Moreover, some of O’Donnell’s other evidence hasn’t panned out as he promised. On July 2nd, he wrote, “I know Newsweek is working on an 'It's Rove!' story and will probably break it tomorrow.” Well, the story broke. But it wasn’t an “It’s Rove” story, it was a “Rove talked to Matt Cooper the week before Plame was outed” story, which -- considering Rove’s job is to talk to the press -- is hardly damning.

Again, I have no clue who is telling the truth and who is lying. But O’Donnell’s story is beginning to look rickety.


No doubt he got a call (link to DU) from Karl and was threatened with a rubber hose or a cell in Gitmo... You know, the usual treatment

Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: St Wendeler