ARC's 1st Law: As a "progressive" online discussion grows longer, the probability of a nefarious reference to Karl Rove approaches one

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bastille Day

Welllll, how could we have forgotten?

I just paid a visit to Downers site, after a few thorazine to prepare me, and here is what I found there: http://downleft.blogspot.com/ "The French have gotten a bad rap lately. Sure, they have an attitude problem but any country has its character quirks. At least they were smart enough to stay out of Bush's war of lies and aggression.On this Bastille Day I congratulate the French for winning their own revolution without the help of a foreign army. I will also celebrate all things French by reading the Declaration of the Rights of Man..."

Well, as Patton said, "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me."

I also understand our wobbly cheese-eating friends have raised their threat level from "run and hide" to "surrender" after the terrorist attacks in London last week.

Jeeze, Bastille day indeed!


Your Co-Conspirator,
ARC: Monterey John